My Karate Boys

My Karate Boys
Dayne and parker just got done with karate which is why they have the red faces.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The ups and Downs of this path!!










Ok, I have to admitt I'm a little discouraged. I know that weight loss is going to be a long, long, lifelong path, but I swear my body just loves my fat so much it holds onto it with everything it has. I have been kicking butt and taking names on my diet (for the most part), however I only lost 1lb last week and 1lb this week. Dang! 1lb? After counting every point and exercising about 1hr 6days a week. I have lost a total of about 9lbs in four weeks. I very proud of that 9lbs and its better then loosing nothing or gaining weight for four weeks. Its just my body has always done this. I have been on so many diets, and each and everytime I do I crawl along. I usually give up on a diet after about 2month of working my butt off and loosing hardly anything. This time is different though, and here's why. Every diet I have ever done I did for some one else. I would get into competitions with family to start loosing weight and I would only do it because those family members were counting on me. This time I started this on my own, and im doing this for no one but me. I have complete motivation that this time there is no turning back. I dont care if it takes me 10 years to loose it, I feel great. Just 9lbs off and I feel wonderful already. Also I love doing Weight Watchers! There program is wonderful! So although im a little discouraged I will pick myself up and continue forward with a feeling of hope that this one way road im traveling on has an amazing ending.

Today is going to be really fun (sort of)! As you all know I am a very busy mom with a schedule that starts at 4am. I work a full-time job and two part-time jobs, raise and home school three boys. So I bet you can guess what gets put on the back burner. Yup, my house. So today is a serious spring cleaning day. In effort to get my family motivated to help, I wrote small jobs down on ping pong balls. Each person will grab a ball and do the task. Once the task is done they put that ball in there pile. Whoever has the most ping pong balls at the end of the day gets to choose the fun thing we get to do as family tonight. Yay! I get my house cleaned in a way that motivates my whole family. I let you know how it goes.

1 comment: