My Karate Boys

My Karate Boys
Dayne and parker just got done with karate which is why they have the red faces.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Still going strong

Well I haven't posted on here in a while so here is an update. I am still kicking butt on my new healthy lifestyle. I have lost a total of 22lbs and I haven't at all wanted to look back. It has been amazing to see the amount of control I have on my life right now. I even had girl scout cookies sitting around my house and only had two. I love those so usually I would eat them until they are gone. I am very proud of myself and the example I am setting for my kids.

I quit my data entry from home job and started watching two of my old day care kids that i used to watch. I love them so much and I'm thankful I get to be apart of their lives again. I watch them full-time every day. It is hard to get used to taking five kids everywhere you go, but it is way better then having to wake up at 4am in order to fit in the data entry job. Now the kids I watch go home by 5:30 and I have the whole night to myself and my kids. Before I was trying to cram in my data entry hours every spare chance I had. My kids are loving life because mom is back to playing super Mario brothers with them and going for family walks.

I have also been on a spiritual path lately strenghthening my testimony. I am learning so much about myself and how strong I am. I am learning that I can overcome weaknesses and be the person I have always wanted to be. I feel very blessed in my life right now. I love being around children and it seems I surrounded by them. I love my calling in my church in the primary, I love being a mom, I love being a 2nd mom to the kids I watch, and I love knowing that my Father in Heaven needs me to use my talents to help his little ones feel loved. I am also very blessed to have a husband who is amazing and supportive in every endevour I take. This life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you quit! I am getting so burned out, been thinking about it, but need the money so not really a choice right now. So glad to hear that you are happy and doing well. Way to go on your weight loss! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete