My Karate Boys

My Karate Boys
Dayne and parker just got done with karate which is why they have the red faces.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thank you Sis for the Award

My sister at mormonmamabear.blogspot.com has awarded me with the stylish blogger award. 

I am supposed to type 7 things about myself and then pass the award onto someone else. 

1.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mother and wife. I have three beautiful boys, Parker (9), Talon (6), and Hunter (2). I also get the honor of being a 2nd sub mom for 4 other kids that I watch. I love these kids and it is such and honor to me to get to be an influence on their lives. I love my husband and couldn't live without him. 

2.) I am a "head held high" home schooler!!!! No I am not a crazy religious zealot, nor am I a neglectful parent leaving my kids home to do my cleaning (although that's not a bad idea). I am just a mom who wants the very best for her kids and did lots of research and found home schooling to be just that. I am proud of it and YES MY KIDS ARE SOCIALIZED. 

3.)I absolutely love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my Gospel. I love that I am in the primary presidency and once again get to work with children. I feel the scriptures, and Gospel principles breathe life into me as I read them and I love the feeling I get when I am doing the things I know I should do. I have lived the non religious life a big portion of my life and I regret every moment of it. Happiness is not found in living strictly for myself, it is only found when living for the Lord. 

4.)I am a huge Karate lover! My husband and two of my boys are very much into karate. My baby can't wait to get his hands all over it. My oldest son and husband compete locally. I love the principles karate teaches my family. I love being a part of the All-Star family and I consider it a huge blessing that they are helping to shape my boys. 

5.) Two of my greatest treasures besides number 1 is my mom and my sister. They are the most amazing, strong, and uplifting women and I get the privilege to call them my best friends. I am so grateful to have them as my support system. I am also very blessed with the most amazing sister-in-laws that I consider to be my sisters. They are all so very beautiful and strong. My handsome wonderful brothers picked amazing mothers and women. 

6.) I have ADHD! Sometimes it's a curse and other times I love it. I can get a lot done because my mind never stops racing. I take my kids lots of fun places and do lots of fun things because when I get the impulse to do something I drop everything to do it. This part can be a curse and a blessing. I am grateful however that I have learned how to manage and organize my life to fit my uniqueness. My six year old was diagnosed with it as well and I just love his creativity and excitement to life. 

7.) I am a survivor of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse by the hands of my father and ex-husband. I am so very proud of the person I am today. I am not one of the statistics of women who are stuck in the victim roll their whole lives and can't find a way out. I am free from the abuse because through the atonement I have been able to forgive and face my abusers. My father will never be allowed in my life and around my children because he can't be trusted, but he is forgiven and that is something I never thought I would be able to say. I am thankful for my family and an amazing kind gentle husband that has helped me through the rough times. I am especially thankful to the Lord and my Father in Heaven for comforting me when comfort was needed and strengthening me when strength was no where to be found. 

Now that I have bored you with facts about me I want to pass on and award this award to my friend Jadie at jadiejadenandjack.blogspot.com. She now has the title of stylish blogger award and needs to post a blog that has 7 things about herself.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this, Jan! You are such an amazing, strong woman. I am in awe of all you do. I love you tons!

    ReplyDelete